A network management system (NMS) is a set of hardware and/or software tools that allow an IT professional to supervise the individual components of a network within a larger network management framework.
Network management system components assist with:
- Network device discovery – identifying what devices are present on a network.
- Network device monitoring – monitoring at the device level to determine the health of network components and the extent to which their performance matches capacity plans and intra-enterprise service-level agreements (SLAs).
- Network performance analysis – tracking performance indicators such as bandwidth utilization, packet loss, latency, availability and uptime of routers, switches and other Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) -enabled devices.
- Intelligent notifications – configurable alerts that will respond to specific network scenarios by paging, emailing, calling or texting a network administrator.
Our team has more than 20 years providing IT solutions for the industry, our services include:
- Design, implementation and management of solutions based on Linux and Windows Servers
(data servers, email servers, website servers, domain name servers, instant messaging, etc.)
- Design, implementation and management of virtual environments based on Vmware vSphere and Citrix XenServer.
- Design, implementation and management of Firewalls and VPN servers based on Linux (VPN Site-to-Site and Client-Server schemes).
- Databases administration, including Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and Postgres.
- Backups management: schedule incremental or differential backups, integrity check and restore of backups from different sources (databases, user files, web sites, etc.)
- Hardware and Software consulting, according to the needs or your organization.